Wood burning stove installations
HETAS Registered Stove Installer & Chimney Sweep
- I am a fully qualified, HETAS registered, professional stove installer
- I am a fully qualified professional chimney sweep
- I am a member of the Institute of Chimney Sweeps
- I provide a clean and efficient service throughout Essex and the South East
- I am fully insured and will provide you with a Chimney Safety Certificate with every job
- I offer a traditional cleaning service for all types of chimneys including open fires, log burners and Agas
- I’ll beat any like for like written quote by at least 10%!
Did you know?
- For safety, chimneys should be swept at least once a year by a qualified chimney sweep. This will also ensure compliance with your home insurance policy
- Chimney fires are on the increase with over 300 reported in Essex alone last year, resulting in over £10m worth of damage
- Wood is the fastest growing and cheapest alternative to gas and oil in the U.K. This is due to the rise in fuel costs
- It is dangerous to burn the wrong type of wood on a fire. Burning the wrong fuel can cause the chimney liner to gather a substance called creosote. Once this is present in the chimney it can ignite very quickly causing a chimney fire. Creosote burns at over 2000 degrees
- You should only burn seasoned, dry logs. This will help to prevent the build-up of creosote
Soot, creosote, birds’ nests, animals and insects are all seriously dangerous things to have in your chimney. Unknown blockages could very quickly turn your warm, cosy fireside into a disaster.